Lead Medical Technologist Atrium Health Mercy
$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 64646
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Evening shift with weekend and holiday rotation.
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005039030-Laboratory Administration - Acute Care
This is Sign-on Bonus Eligible. $5,000 sign on bonus for full time and $2500 for part time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
Assumes responsibility for the technical operations of the specific laboratory section. Ensures that all procedures are performed as defined in section policy and procedure. Assists and supports the Lab Director/Manager/Supervisor.
- Ensures the implementation and maintenance of quality, efficiency, and safety in the section by meeting all accreditation standards (CAP, AABB, TJC, etc) on a continual basis.
- Demonstrates initiative in tracking and resolving problems, and continually checks the accuracy of processes, test methods, instruments in the section, including the review of results and clerical errors before they are reported to the medical record
- Assigns work for section and assists in workload evaluations as needed, delegating authority and responsibility as appropriate to ensures that work assigned to members of the section is completed and reported in a timely manner.
- Participates in writing/reviewing policies and procedures.
- Performs competency assessments for the section, ensuring that all teammates meet accreditation complexity requirements prior to reporting patient results and ongoing thereafter.
Works in a fast-paced clinical environment. Works in an area which contains bio hazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. Duties may involve standing, walking, stretching, stooping, bending and lifting light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s Degree with certification as MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), HTL(ASCP), CT(ASCP) or equivalent required.