Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 64144
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: alternating every 4th or 5th weekend
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12311112539003-Laboratory
The Medical Technology Supervisor supervises MLT's and MT's in a wide range of duties that include producing timely lab results, performing and documenting quality control, proper utilization of supplies, and assuring compliance with state, OSHA, Floyd Medical Center, and other agency guidelines. This individual performs the duties of a technologist as needed. The Medical Technology Supervisor is administratively responsible for the operation of the laboratory in the absence of the Director and/or Assistant director.
The qualified candidate will possess the following:
1. Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related field from an accredited institute, or
2. Associate's degree in Medical Lab Technology with current enrollment for Bachelor's degree in this field. Bachelor level education must be completed within 2 years from hire date.
1. Minimum of 5 years of experience as a registered Medical Technologist
2. Demonstrates thorough technical knowledge of each area supervised
3. Maintains a high degree of organizational skills, as well as effective communication skills
4. Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and a courteous, professional demeanor
1. Registered Medical Technologist, ASCP or equivalent, or eligible