Support Operator - Associate (Union) FT 2p-10:30p weekday/weekend
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 56841
Job Family: Information Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm during the weekday/weekend
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342583-IAS Service Center Communication
Performs on-the-job training for call center operator staff and aides supervisor or associate in clerical duties. Responds to incoming calls, emergency codes/alarms, and pages and contacts the appropriate personnel as indicated by the situation.
- Responds to incoming codes, alarms, pages, messages, and contacts appropriate person as indicated by the situation.
- Demonstrates ability to interpret and execute emergency code procedures, utilizing both primary and secondary call center systems without error.
- Communicates necessary information to departmental staff members, management, and emergency personnel.
- Contact personnel through beeper paging, intercom announcements, and phone calls upon request.
- Utilizes technical and procedural process for paging during emergency and on-call situations.
- Assists Support Operator Senior with on-the-job training for call center operator staff, using an objective-based program.
- Answers diverse incoming calls in busy call center environment.
- Accesses pertinent information using Xtend Communications windows based software with ACD integration.
- Assists supervisor and/or senior with clerical duties, such as maintaining operator and training manuals, and helping with special projects.
- Appropriately documents and effectively tracks problem situations; maintains logbooks and forms.
Fast paced call center environment with constant telephone ringing and distractions. Most of the day is spent sitting. This position requires a high degree of proficiency in verbal and written communications. Must be available to work weekends, holidays and overtime as required. Must be available for occasional callback support. Must be able to reach above head; read various prints and alarm panels at a distance of two to three feet; work through loud noises.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. One year minimum experience as a hospital switchboard/paging operator is preferred.