Atrium Health Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute is seeking a Nurse Practioner or PA- Pineville, NC
Specialty care APPs provide services focused concentration on a single system caring for acute and chronically ill patients. Includes clinic-based and/or hospitalized patients.
- Outpatient only
- Experienced required; cardiology experienced preferred
- Performs initial and periodic medical history, physical examinations, and daily assessments.
- Records findings of examinations, assessments and plan of care.
- Performs minor medical and/or surgical procedures.
- Writes appropriate prescriptions and administers medications.
- Orders and interprets daily laboratory and radiology examinations.
- Determines treatment plan for patient.
- Documents all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a medically appropriate manner on the patient's medical record.
- Acts as a patient advocate for the population served.
- Attends, participates and contributes to group/practice meetings and development of policies and procedures when requested.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms. Must possess intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to react and perform in stressful situations. Schedule consisting of a mixed rotation of shifts covering weekdays, nights, swing, holidays and weekends, greater than 400 hours of weekend and/or night coverage . Education, Experience and Certifications.
Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in SC required.BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and concentrate.
Master's Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. ACNP, AGPCNP, AGACNP, AGNP, PNP, or PNP-AC board certification preferred based population served.
Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master's Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.