Instrument Technician - Certified, Atrium Health Pineville Full Time Day
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 63440
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 7a-3:30p
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11071005430180-Sterile Distribution
Ensures all surgical instruments and equipment are decontaminated, assembled, inspected, packaged, sterilized, stored, distributed, and tracked based on quality and infection prevention standards. Demonstrates proficiency in four service lines and the ability to work with complex surgical instrumentation.
- Adheres to safety standards. Transports and handles soiled items and sterile items with appropriate traffic flow.
- Identifies, responds & reports malfunctions and/or alarms.
- Performs efficacy and quality testing for all processes and equipment.
- Identifies manual and/or mechanical cleaning according to the manufacturer’s IFU for all general, laparoscopic, robotic, orthopedic, neuro, cardiovascular, ophthalmologic, power, instrumentation.
- Performs flexible scope processing utilizing High Level Disinfection (HLD).
- Determines, prepares, and uses supplies required in the assembly process.
- Identifies, inspects, assembles general and specialty instruments checking for cleanliness & functionality utilizing count sheets.
- Packages and labels instrumentation following standards.
- Safely determines sterilization equipment functionality, operation, monitoring, and maintenance with verification and documentation of sterilization process.
- Performs high temperature (steam) and low temperature (gas plasma, ethylene oxide, liquid chemical) sterilization.
Works in-patient care areas independently under stressful conditions. Continuous standing and walking; bending and/or stooping; reaching and/or stretching; pushing and/or pulling heavy loads. Ability to lift to 40 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High school diploma or equivalent required. 4 years experience required. Certified Sterile Processing Technician (CSPDT) or Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) required. Membership in a professional central/sterile processing organization preferred.