Coordinator - Admissions and Recruitment Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 62352
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: some evenings and weekends
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11161010244263-Enrollment Management
Under the supervision of the director, admissions and recruitment, the coordinator of admissions and recruitment will be initial point of contact within the Office of Admissions and Recruitment for parents, students, counselors, and community leaders. This position will analyze student request and needs; cultivate traditional and non-traditional prospects, and admitted students through direct participation in a variety of activities; and articulate admissions procedures and requirements to prospective students, parents, counselors, etc. The Coordinator of Admissions and Recruitment oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of recruitment, admissions, enrollment events and relevant marketing strategies for all academic programs. Additionally, the coordinator works with the director to develop appropriate enrollment events, along with marketing and public relations as related to college recruitment for all academic programs to increase enrollment with full independent discretion and accountability.
Promote the college’s core values and standards of excellence through teamwork, caring, commitment to our mission and values, integrity, respectful communication, maintenance of a safe and professional environment, synergistic partnership with those we serve, and anticipation of students’, colleagues’, and customers’ needs.
- Contributes to the development and revision of and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for own actions.
- Serves as a role model and/or mentor to students and teammates.
- Projects a professional image in dress, speech and behavior including demonstrating respect for others.
- Represents the program and college in a positive manner.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality in all aspects of job performance.
- Provides accessibility to students and teammates by maintaining office hours and communicating in a timely manner.
- Serves as an advisor to support student success.
- Participates in college functions (e.g., teammate/departmental meetings, new student orientation, graduation) as appropriate.
- Engages in active college committee work to include advising student clubs or organizations (waived for PRN teammates and those with fewer than 30 assigned hours per week).
- Fosters beneficial relationships and supports the greater community through service activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Admissions and Recruitment
- Actively recruits qualified and diverse students for enrollment in the academic programs of the college.
- Serves as the main contact for information and enrollment for assigned academic programs.
- Extensively travels to high schools, college fairs, community colleges, medical centers and other recruitment events to represent the college and recruit prospective students
- Develops and implements content strategies to increase the exposure, awareness, and understanding of assigned academic programs.
- Assist the office of admissions and recruitment with lead generation and follow up to yield prospective students and meet the college’s enrollment goals.
- Responsible for all admissions materials and maintenance of prospective student records for assigned programs
- Provides admissions presentations to visitors during campus daily tours and at on campus and off campus events.
- Participate as needed on program advisory boards.
- Serve as a liaison to academic program faculty to ensure students receive holistic support from inquiry to enrollment.
- Responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of recruitment strategies for assigned programs on an annual basis and helps update policies and procedures relevant to their findings
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in financial aid, registration, student success and other campus offices to ensure a consistent and smooth transition from applicant to student
- Researches and identifies opportunities to expand community outreach.
- Manages communication flow with prospective students, including personal appointments, tele-counseling, email inquiries, and information requests.
- Provides accurate information about admissions and enrollment at the college.
- Assists with creating marketing literature used for recruitment and recommend updates annually.
Advertising and Publicity
- Work with the director, faculty, and staff to gain feedback on strategies to best publicize the college and each specific program of study.
- Assists with creating literature used for recruitment.
- Collaborate with director of admissions and recruitment and coordination with marketing and communications team, plan, write, prepare and/or review press releases and articles to be used in publications consistent with college messaging, content, and editorial standards for promoting the academic programs of the college.
- Collaborate with director of admissions and recruitment and coordination with marketing and communications team, to research, interview, write, edit, proofread, and distribute content for electronic and print communication to promote the academic programs of the college
- Responsible for the research, planning, execution, and evaluation of events to create successful campus and community programs that effectively and efficiently support all of the college’s recruitment efforts, including but not limited to information sessions, individual admissions counseling sessions, and campus visit days.
- Work with the director to ensure events are in line with strategic initiatives.
- Communicate with campus partners to manage event logistics, room reservations, catering, and staffing.
- Advises prospective students, applicants and their families concerning admissions policies and requirements while accentuating the positive aspects of the College’s academic programs and resources.
- Identify, train, supervise and evaluate student ambassadors assigned to the admissions office, for them to represent the college professionally and knowledgeably to prospective students and their families.
- Ensures the college is in compliance with standardized testing site rules and regulations set by oversight organizations.
- Assists examinees with their questions or concerns.
- Extended periods of standing, walking, sitting, bending, and stretching; as well as frequent movement throughout the college and agency campuses.
- Visual and auditory acuity within normal lines or corrected.
- Possesses valid driver’s license.
- Occasional driving to other locations.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Preferably 2-3 years in the area of Admissions at a higher education setting required, preferably recruiting prospective students, marketing, public relations, with an ability to make sales presentations
- Knowledge of the admission and enrollment process.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and meetings, work well with people, and foster and facilitate collaboration.
- Knowleadge of CRM systems. Proficient in Jenzbar or Salesforce is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and very strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing, editing and creative skills.
- Able to manage volunteers, students and other professionals.
- Proven success with event planning and coordination.