Cytotechnologist Atrium Health CMC - Part Time Day
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 63532
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am to 4:30pm
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005039005-Cytology
Prepares and screens cells from a variety of sources for the presence of malignancy or other pathological conditions with minimal technical supervision. Participates in cytology quality assurance program. Assists with fine needle aspirations and cytologic preparation.
- Accessions specimens, as assigned by registration, accessioning, order entry, and reporting. Processes non-genital and genital specimens.
- Screens slides for cytologic abnormalities, reviews slides and prepares accurate reports.
- Participates in cytology quality control program.
- Prepares reagents for cytologic procedures.
- Stores specimens and slides in a neat, easily retrievable manner.
Moderate lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying. Must be able to frequently lift weights of up to 25 pounds and infrequently in excess of 25 pounds with assistance. Frequent walking, standing, stooping, and reaching. Use of computer for long periods of time. General hospital environment with some exposure to chemicals, pathogens, and patient blood and body fluids. Some latex exposure may be expected.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Must be registered or registry eligible as Cytotechnologist by the ASCP. Experience in all areas of cytology preferred. Must demonstrate knowledge of infectious disease protocols, practices and prevention.