This job posting is no longer active.
Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 63054
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: primarily day shift during the week with some time spent on evenings and weekends to educate staff
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12311112544011-Nursing Education
The Staff Education Coordinator plans, implements and evaluates inservice educational needs for the staff. Additionally, this role collaborates with staff educators across the system to maximize educational efforts and resources. Primary tasks include: 1) orientation of new staff members to the areas, 2) development of unit-based preceptor program which facilitates unit-specific orientation, 3) coordination of annual staff learning needs assessment, 4) development and implementation of annual in-service education plan for each unit (based on needs assessment and other data), 5) coordination of staff CPR education, and 6) maintenance of various educational reports and other special projects on an as needed basis.
1. Graduate from an accredited school of Registered Professional Nursing
2. Obtains at least 25 hours of continuing education, of which 50 percent is unit specific
3. MSN or enrolled in a Masters program for nursing
1. Minimum of two years of experience as a clinical nurse
2. AHA CPR Instructor
3. Experience in computer software, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
1. Current RN licensure in the state of Georgia