Periop Data Analyst - Surgical Services, Atrium Health CMC
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 60904
Job Family: Professional Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F; 8-5p
Remote Opportunity: Yes
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005030980-Endoscopy
Collects, prepares, analyzes, and manages administrative and clinical data.
- Collects and analyzes diverse data elements and sources/data applications for end of month, other reoccurring and ad-hoc reports, including sources outside of Endoscopy Department.
- Creates, manages, analyzes, and updates block utilization, and recommends optimization of calculations and block allocation.
- Creates, maintains and supports various databases, spreadsheets and dashboard reports for reoccurring and ad-hoc reports.
- Ensures the integrity of project data by monitoring and validating the extraction, processing, storage and manipulation of the information.
- Analyzes financial and statistical data to determine trends in data, and to assist administration in operational decisions.
- Analyzes file structure and layout of large complex files for transformation and/or customization of raw data into useful finished products.
- Prepares clear, well formatted, and concise data using various reporting mechanisms.
- Able to work independently and effectively with others, utilizing positive interactive skills.
- Assists teammates and leaders, as appropriate, with data review and analysis techniques.
- Collaborates with internal and external department leaders and teammates, including Information Services and Analytics, on the specific needs of the department to enhance existing technologies and access to essential information.
- Contributes to the decision making process regarding design, collection, analysis and methodology of data utilization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required for frequent interaction with physicians, administration, and teammates.
- Attends and presents at meetings with administration, physicians, teammates, and other departments, including preparation of data, as requested.
- Manages requests for Endoscopy computer system updates as assigned.
Works in a fast-paced environment which encompasses patient and public areas of the hospital and office settings. Requires critical thinking, the ability to concentrate within a high stress, heavy workload and a sense of urgency for data entry or reports to be finished within a given time frame. Requires finger dexterity, walking, standing, lengthy periods of sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 20 pounds.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High School Diploma or equivalent with completion of appropriate education in an IT-related field required. Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Finance, or Nursing preferred. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications, proficiency with analytical tools, and presentation software required.