Coordinator - Support Services - FT Nights
This job posting is no longer active.
Concord, NC, United States
Job ID: 61752
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11141004831526-Nursing Administration
Plans, organizes, supervises, and assists with the departments operations and support services. Interacts with all members of the Leadership.
- Serves as a Support Services Coordinator within Nursing Administration.
- Manages through staffing for all nursing units per staffing grids.
- Participates in the decision-making regarding allocating staff throughout the units to provide adequate patient care coverage.
- Reviews and compares departmental staffing grid and actual staffing for inconsistences and alerting units/management of overages or staffing needs.
- Updates API (ShiftSelect) with all scheduling interactions.
- Manages Patient Safety Attendant, Virtual Patient Observation (VPO), and Call Bell assignments requiring extensive knowledge of patient observation guidelines and processes.
- Prepares required documents and reports out pertinent Staffing and Patient Safety Attendant information during daily huddles.
- Provides support and training to teammates on the scheduling system.
- Maintains and supports various databases, spreadsheets, and dashboard reports. Ensures the integrity of data by monitoring and validating.
- Controls transportation vouchers for Nursing Division.
- Assists with descendent management. Serves as the initial contact on all patient deaths and liaison between families and funeral homes.
- Demonstrates excellent use of computers with advanced skills in Microsoft applications including Excel.
Work requires computer entry, typing, and sitting for prolonged periods of time. Stretching, bending, reaching, lifting up to 10 pounds in weight is frequently required. Must speak English and be able to communicate and concentrate effectively. Good general vision and hearing required. Finger dexterity. Work requires the ability to maintain composure in a busy environment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree preferred. Experience in personnel management and operations preferred. Type 60 words per minute.