LPN - Family Medicine | Medical Group
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 61451
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-Th 8 am - 5:30 pm Friday 8 am - Noon
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 32181075133173-Family Medicine
1. Education: Minimum education of a High School Diploma or GED is required. Completion of a state approved Technical School of Licensed Practical Nursing
2. Experience: Twelve months or more of medical-surgical background and physician office nursing experience is preferred. Computer knowledge and skills is required.
3. Certification/License/Registration: Must hold a current license with the State Board of Licensed Practical Nursing. Current CPR.
4. Position Titles and Number Supervised: None
5. Special Training/Skills: Must be able to perform work with accuracy, particularly in reporting patient observations. Must be able to adapt to changes in environment. Must be able to utilize common sense and good judgement when required to make independent decisions. Must be able to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with patients, patients' families, and physicians and other personnel. Must be able to work with the realization that errors in giving treatments and other procedures could have a detrimental effect on the patient. Must be able to utilize discretion in handling confidential information. Must possess good communication skills.
6. Physical Demands: Must be able to use visual near and distance acuity. Must have verbal ability to communicate in person and over the phone or radio. Must be able to assist co-workers in transfers and transport supplies, patients/residents, or equipment using good body mechanics. Must have functional range of motion of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spines, upper and lower extremities with a grip strength of 60-80 pounds, specific to the job class evaluation. Must be able to forward reach, overhead reach, bend, squat, kneel and change from one position to the other rapidly. Must be able to lift 25-60 lbs. and carry 25-50 pounds specific to job class evaluation. Must be able to tolerate high noise, busy atmospheres and noxious odors. Must be able to work in noisy environments and be self directed to complete jobs as ordered. Must be able to remain calm under stressful situations. Must be able to assess and respond to multiple situations simultaneously. Must be able to assist co-workers in multiple overlapping tasks simultaneously. Must be able to prioritize job tasks and organize work space to be efficient and conducive to completing work tasks as assigned in a timely manner. If job class is identified as falling under POPE C, the individual must pass the cardiac recovery test.