Neurodiagnostic Technician Atrium Health Stanly Main
This job posting is no longer active.
Albemarle, NC, United States
Job ID: 61131
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 0700-1530 Monday - Friday
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11131005532872-Neurodiagnostic
Performs routine and complex EEG's according to laboratory standards. Assist with technical operation of specialized neurodiagnositic procedures including long term monitoring, evoked potentials and intraoperative evoked potential monitoring. Performs visual, auditory and somatosensory evoked potentials in the laboratory, intensive care unit, and operating room or patient care areas, using standards of practice. Performs the daily technical operations in EMU, including documentation, preparation of weekly conference materials and archiving data.
- Performs routine and complex EEG procedures including portable, sleep-deprived, neonatal and ECS studies. Identify and correct basic equipment problems when they occur.
- Performs EEG procedures using appropriate test strategy, montages, filter setting and including the archive and transfer of records.
- Adopts methods and instrumentation to obtain optimal results based on history, clinical observations, and EEG findings.
- Performs visual, auditory and somatosensory evoked potentials in the laboratory, intensive care unit, and operating room or patient care areas, using standards of practice.
- Performs long-term video/EEG monitoring of patients with scalp and intracranial electrodes.
- Adheres to standards of practice for electroencephalogram recordings. Provides accurate and complete management of EEG recordings, including archiving. Obtains all relevant patient information from chart history and progress notes.
- Assists with technical operation of specialized neurodiagnositic procedures including long term monitoring, evoked potentials and intraoperative evoked potential monitoring.
- Provides preceptor supervision to new technologists and student interns.
- Verbalize appropriate actions to be initiated during patient medical emergency and seizure onset situations.
- Demonstrates proper infection control practices during all aspects of care. Ensures hazardous materials are properly used and stored.
Work occurs in various patient care areas including exam rooms, patient rooms, intensive care units, and operating rooms; it requires periods of standing and walking. Work requires moving and pushing heavy equipment, e.g., EEG machines, to remote patient care areas. There is reasonable and anticipated exposure to biohazard materials. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe and conscientious manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Graduate from an accredited END program with 3 years experience preferred and EEG registry required (ABRET).
Additional Essential Functions
- Performs routine/complex NCV procedures under minimal supervision.
- Assists physician with EMG needle exam.
- Uses appropriate test strategy, electrode placement, and parameters for each test type.
- Troubleshoots equipment when technical problems occur, bases on familiarity with operators manual and knowledge of computer software and programming specific to EMG procedures.
- Schedules patients for EMG studies ensuring all patient demographic data is accurate.
- Ensures the ordering provider receives the completed report and results
- Maintains adequate level of supplies.