This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 56598
Job Family: Physicians
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Variable
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 27241039132323-Infectious Disease - Pediatric
The Division of Pediatric Infectious Disease and Immunology at Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital is seeking an additional physician to join their faculty. Candidates must be a MD, MD/PhD, or equivalent, and be Board Certified in Pediatric Infectious Disease.
The Division includes five academic clinicians, a physician assistant, and two infectious disease pharmacists. We have strong established programs in antimicrobial stewardship, infection prevention, transplant infectious disease, and global health. Current areas of research include congenital/neonatal infections, immunizations, COVID-19, tuberculosis, and antimicrobial stewardship.
Clinical and educational responsibilities will include:
• Clinical care in inpatient and ambulatory settings including 8 specialties that have the U.S. News & World Report designation
• Education of residents and medical students, including students at the Charlotte campus of Wake Forest School of Medicine (anticipated opening in 2024)
Academic opportunities depending on expertise include:
• Further growth of the transplant infectious disease program
• Clinical/translational research
• Quality improvement
Atrium Health Pediatric Research Network
• The Network supports more than 75 clinical studies with federal and industry sponsorship across multiple disciplines. A 6,000 square foot administrative facility houses a staff of 29 including research nurses, research coordinators, a data scientist, and the leadership team. The STRIVE (strategic research, innovations, vaccines, and engagement) Program operates out of two additional research-dedicated facilities with phlebotomy, laboratory, and pharmacy support.
Atrium Health, one of the nation’s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations, provides a full spectrum of healthcare throughout North and South Carolina and Georgia. Atrium Health has over 3,000 system-employed providers, 750 faculty members and 14 residency programs who serve 45 acute care and specialty hospitals.