Pharmacy Technician I-Atrium Health Pharmacy FT/PT/PRN
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 61212
Job Family: Pharmacy Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028342302-Human Resources Talent Acquisition and Workforce Admininstration
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
The division of pharmacy services contributes to the overall excellence of Atrium Health in Charlotte, NC by delivering precise and professional patient care. Working alongside talented physicians, nurses, researchers and other allied health professionals, we are passionate in our goal to deliver the best care to all.
Our comprehensive structure and extensive reach is evident in the pharmacy services we provide, which include:
- Inpatient services in 10 area hospitals
- Community clinic pharmacies to meet the needs of the underserved
- CMC Rx Pharmacy, a retail pharmacy group with outlets throughout the Charlotte region
- Carolinas Rehabilitation and other long-term transitional care facilities
- Enterprise Pharmacy, an entity that purchases medications for hospitals, physician practices and urgent care centers
- Ambulatory care services throughout the metro region
- Population management within inter-disciplinary team environments to improve patient care for chronic diseases within the primary care setting
Assists the registered pharmacists in performing technical duties related to the distribution of drugs to patients. Monitors medication inventory levels and places orders to restock as necessary.
- Fills drug orders for all age groups from neonates to geriatrics under the direct supervision of the pharmacist.
- Delivers medications and Transports medication carts to nursing stations.
- Answers and screens telephone calls and refers calls to a pharmacist when appropriate.
- Processes charges and credits for medications.
- Fills unit dose patient cassettes and refills Pyxis medstations.
- Documents and delivers controlled substances.
- Compounds and repackages medications under the direction of a pharmacist.
- Monitors medication inventory levels and places orders to restock as necessary.
- Demonstrates proper aseptic technique in the preparation of Intravenous admixtures.
- Fills Pass med and discharge prescriptions under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Trains and orients new teammates to department workflow and procedures.
Works primarily in the pharmacy and within nursing units. The majority of time is standing. May include exposure to cytotoxic agents. Requires pushing carts and lifting delivery boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Pharmacy Technician Board Certificate is preferred. 6 months prior Pharmacy Technician experience preferred.