Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 61545
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Week days
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 31711013432956-Oncology - Surgical Head and Neck
Head and Neck Surgery – Advanced Practice Provider
Atrium Health, Levine Cancer Institute
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health—the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina and South Carolina. We invite Advanced Practice Providers to discover all that we can do when we bring healing hearts, inquisitive minds and progressive visionaries together in our Head and Neck Surgery team at the Department of Surgery at Levine Cancer Institute in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Details about the opportunity include:
The Levine Cancer Institute is part of an innovative vision to deliver cancer care across North and South Carolina, building upon its strong network of affiliated hospitals and providers. The Section of Head and Neck Surgical Oncology, under the direction of Dr. Zvonimir Milas, is in search of individuals who possess excellent clinical skills as well as an interest in academic pursuits.
Qualified candidates will:
• Function independently in the inpatient based setting with emphasis on the operative management of acutely ill patients in collaboration with a supervising physician
• Assist in complex surgical cases in the operating room
• Perform pre-operative history and physical exams as well as ongoing surveillance in the outpatient setting
• Attend and participate in weekly Head and Neck multidisciplinary educational conferences that earn CME credit
• Attend, participate and contribute to group/practice meetings and development of policies and procedures
Lead by the world-renowned cancer expert, Dr. Derek Raghavan, Levine Cancer Institute will strive to be recognized by cancer patients, their families, referring physicians and the communities served by Atrium as the first choice provider, in the Carolinas and throughout the Southeast, and renowned as one of the premier cancer care providers in the United States. Atrium Health cancer programs now serve 4.7 million people across the Carolinas with 14,000 new cases diagnosed annually. The expansion will provide an easily identifiable headquarters for the Institute in Charlotte, where clinical activity will focus heavily on rare and complex cancer conditions, in conjunction with extensive research and educational endeavors.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Must have or be eligible for a DEA license. Approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state one works. Eligible for prescriptive authority application through the Board of Nursing or Medical Board in NC required. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice. Demonstrates appropriate critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and make proactive decisions. Three years of relative experience and/or surgical background preferred.
• Nurse Practitioner – Master’s Degree or Doctorate of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in the area of practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. Acute Care board certification required based upon population and acuity served.
• Physician Assistant – Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.