This job posting is no longer active.
Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 61597
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 36071111833171-Primary Care
The Front Office Assistant is responsible for all clerical functions relative to the business aspect of the medical practice. These duties include, but are not limited to, telephone responsibilities, scheduling, filing, copying, etc.
1. High school diploma or GED from an accredited institute required
2. Two year course for medical office assistant at the post-secondary level preferred
1. Prior experience with front desk responsibilities in a medical office setting
2. Knowledge of medical terminology and ICD-9/CPT coding is required
3. Accurate typing and filing skills required
4. Experience in the use of medical office information systems, electronic billing, and other automated functions preferred
5. Candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, have a commitment to customer service, and communicate effectively with all applicable customers and age groups