Vice President, Quality Management
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 61213
Job Family: Executives
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 8-5
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028343206-Medical Affairs
Oversees and coordinates the accomplishment of strategic goals for Atrium Health, across the continuum, within the Greater Charlotte Region. Provides leadership, direction and guidance in the areas of Quality Management, such as, performance improvement, infection prevention, medical staff services, medical staff quality, and accreditation. This executive acts as an internal system resource and consultant to executive leadership regarding the development, implementation and monitoring of the system’s performance around Atrium’s key priorities. Position will work across the Enterprise and connect with other executives to drive patient outcomes.
- Partners with Quality and Safety colleagues across the Enterprise to identify opportunities, share best practices and drive outcomes across Atrium Health.
- Enables and supports an exceptionally high quality of patient care, customer service and operational performance, in all areas listed above, and throughout the Greater Charlotte Region.
- Develops, implements and enhances a system-wide, full continuum performance improvement program.
- Works closely with Quality and senior leadership to accomplish the organization’s quality goals.
- Contributes to the development of the system’s strategic goals in relation to high reliability quality initiatives and the reduction of variation in care.
- Works collaboratively on development, implementation, evaluation and revision of quality of care strategies.
- Leads and directs the overall day-to-day activities of the Regulatory Compliance & Accreditation Department; supports Regulatory Compliance Coordinators (RCC) in assisting facilities with continuous survey readiness efforts; leads regulatory surveys
- Partners to identify industry leading practices for all aspects of Quality Management, to include; achievement in regulatory continuous readiness, performance improvement, infection prevention, and credentialling.
- Represents Atrium Health nationally as a leader of Quality.
- Provides consultative guidance and implementation support to staff and leadership at the operating sites.
- Ensures on-going system trending is maintained and assessed to identify priorities and opportunities for improvement; continuously generates ideas for improvement.
- Maintains effective operations and employee morale by appropriately handling hiring, orientation/training, performance review, and disciplinary actions within established policy.
- Master’s degree in business, health administration or other applicable degree required.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- 10 years’ progressive leadership, quality improvement experience required, preferably in a complex integrated delivery network environment.
- Direct experience with national quality-related initiatives preferred.
- Background in nursing, industrial engineering or a related field required; certification in health care quality, patient safety or related regulatory entity preferred.
- Successful leadership and supervisory experience required.
- Advanced computer skills with demonstration of competence in use of all Microsoft Office applications required.
Enterprise Leadership Imperatives:
- Thinks Critically and Strategically
- Engages in rigorous problem solving definition, data collection, and analysis, then makes good decisions in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Recognizes important patterns in complex environments, distills the essence, and communicates through “powerful simplification.”
- Sees the big picture and has a long-term perspective, while balancing it against short-term realities.
- Envisions and Enacts the Future
- Creates and communicates compelling visions of exciting, achievable futures.
- Mobilizes people and transforms organizations to realize the vision.
- Catalyzes innovation and builds supporting capabilities.
- Is a committed steward of the Atrium Health culture.
- Connects and Collaborates Across the Enterprise
- Recognizes the critical importance of integration and collaboration in achieving high performance.
- Convenes and nurtures cross-system teams, and works effectively in the “white spaces.”
- Seeks win-win outcomes and puts the well-being of the patient and the overall organization first.
- Leads effectively across cultures.
- Builds and Leads Inclusive, High-performing Leadership Teams
- Understands the value of diversity in teams and gets the best out of all people.
- Establishes trust and creates a culture of psychological safety to enable candid debate.
- Builds consensus; decides when necessary.
- Delivers outstanding results through others.
- Understands and Shapes the External Environment
- Is deeply knowledgeable about the Atrium Health business model and the consumer, competitive, political and social environments in which the organization operates.
- Understands the importance of actively engaging with and shaping these environments.
- Identifies, assesses and builds relationships with key stakeholders.
- Mobilizes and directs supporting capabilities in public affairs, communications and government relations to achieve desired outcomes.
- Builds Talent for and Across the Region
- Demonstrated personal accountability for developing future generations of Atrium Health leaders who reflect the diversity of communities we serve.
- Engages actively with colleagues in assessing and developing executive talent, focusing on competencies and character.
- Invests time in coaching and mentoring high-potentials for success.
- Is a role model, embodying the best of Atrium Health’s culture.