Dietitian Nutritionist - Atrium Health Union and Union West - Diabetes Clinic
This job posting is no longer active.
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 60515
Job Family: Nutrition Services
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11081005632251-Diabetes Clinic
Provides clinical nutrition services including medical nutrition therapy (MNT), assessment, education, developing, monitoring, and implementing MNT for patient assigned units.
- Assesses nutritional status of patients utilizing current scientific literature on methodology and relates this information to medical status, anthropometric data, clinical assessment and dietary evaluation of the patient.
- Completes all required documentation including nutritional care plan, assessments, consultations, nutrient intake analyses and patient education in the patient's medical record and on all required documentation tools in a timely, professional and thorough manner.
- Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient and family education. Develops, evaluates and utilizes appropriate education materials for patients. Identifies learning needs using methods appropriate to each patient's developmental and educational level; evaluates and documents learner response to teaching.
- Completes consults as ordered by physicians and nurses. Consults with physicians, nurses, clinical dietitians and others to coordinate nutrition into a total patient therapy program.
- Participates in conducting meal rounds to assess nutritional intake and status of patients on assigned units and to assess quality of patient meal service. Advises department on patient care and food service issues.
- Teaches and disseminates results and findings of nutrition research to medical staff, nursing, pharmacy, patients, and public.
- Arranges for the provision of appropriate care, for newborn, pediatric, adolescent, and adult and the older adult.
Must be able to see objects closely, and far away as in reading. Must be able to discriminate color occasionally and perceive depth rarely. Must be able to hear normal sounds with some background noise. Must be able to give and receive verbal communications. Must be able to read written communications both hard copy and on a computer screen. Able to lift and carry objects weighing 25 pounds or less occasionally. The lowest point of any lift the floor. Able to push/pull objects using moderate effort occasionally. Frequently turning, climbing stairs, grasping and finger manipulation. Infrequently squatting, twisting, bending, frequent periods of walking, standing, sitting. Occasionally, feeling perception. Able to perform tasks which require arm-hand coordination.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s degree required. RD/LDN registry eligible or Registered Dietitian (Commission on Dietetic Registration) and Licensed by the NC Board of Dietetics and Nutrition required. If RD/LDN registry eligible, RD/LDN registered required within 4 months of hire. Specialty certification (i.e., CDE, CNSC, AND Certifications) may be required. Department managers determine requirements for specialty certifications relevant to the position and the timeframe required to obtain.