Clinical Research Nurse (RN) - Clinical and Translational Research - Full Time/Days
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 60339
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Per department placed in as part of float pool
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 55541005040405-Office of Clinical and Translational Research
Responsible for the coordination and management of all aspects of rehabilitation patients who are being treated on investigation trials or involved with data collection through TBI Model Systems. May collaborate with the study sponsors, the investigators and the Clinical Trials' Office.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, or arrange for the provision of appropriate care for pediatric, adult, or geriatric population of patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status.
- Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements and ensures and documents that age specific needs are being met as described in the departmental policies and procedures.
- Assists Director of Research and Principal Investigator(s) in evaluating the research studies for the institution.
- Prepares and submits appropriate documentation for Federal Regulatory documents.
- Coordinates and manages pharmaceutical sponsored research projects.
- Educates patients and families about research studies, treatments, side effects and follow-up.
- Maintains master file of protocols with revisions, updates, IRB approvals, data forms, source documentation and patient files.
Requires ability to sit and walk for extended periods of time. Reaching, stooping, bending in file drawers. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, manual and finger dexterity. Must be able to be mobile within the entire healthcare system and other facilities that participate in Investigation Trials for rehabilitation clients.
Education, Experience and Certifications
North Carolina Registered Nurse license required; BSN preferred. 2 years Registered Nurse experience preferred. Research experience preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.