Clinical Coordinator - Prehospital Education
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 57947
Job Family: Research Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Primarily weekdays, rare weekend may occur
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 55541005040430-Prehospital Medicine
Utilizes consultation, evaluation, facilitation, curriculum development and instructional skills to coordinate the development of educational support strategies for the Center for Pre-Hospital Medical Education (CPHM). Coordinates all clinical departments where CPHM students rotate. Coordinates all activities related to clinical education by CPHM.
- Ensures that clinical rotations meet accreditation standards and competencies. Ensures that all data and records related to clinical rotations are maintained and meet accreditation standards.
- Coordinates strategic planning and goal setting for the CPHM in conjunction with the director; defines needs and weaknesses and plans strategies for conducting education in the clinical setting.
- Assists with OSHA and other safety related education or TJC standards, as well as group progress, change, productivity, accreditation or cost reduction issues.
- Implements the use of new instructional systems.
- Assists and coordinates development of curriculum and establishes guidelines for educational programs.
- Writes articles, reports, manuals, and handouts, and prepares self-directed learning material for specific aspects of curriculum.
- Assists and coordinates orientation of classes, workshops, or courses on basic or advanced topics. Plans and teaches basic and advanced skills sessions.
- Provides on-going didactic instruction for the EMT-P class.
Requires long periods of sitting, standing, walking and driving between departments. Occasional lifting of documents and supplies. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting clients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinical environment. Responsible for working in a safe manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Associates Degree required or equivalent education and training in nursing or allied health speciality. Minimum of 5 years experience required. NC or National Registry Paramedic required. ACLS, PALS, BCLS certification required. Previous experience with instructional design, curriculum development, classroom teaching, outcomes measurement and group facilitation required. RN preferred.