Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 35289
Job Family: Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 27241039132323-Infectious Disease - Pediatric
Location: MCP - 1001 Blythe Blvd
The Division of Pediatric Infectious Disease and Immunology at Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital is seeking a pediatric infectious disease physician to join their faculty. Candidates must be a MD, MD/PhD, or equivalent and Board Eligible / Board Certified in Pediatric Infectious Disease.
The Division includes five academic clinicians, a physician assistant, and two infectious disease pharmacists. We have strong established programs in antimicrobial stewardship, infection prevention, transplant infectious disease, and global health. Areas of research include congenital/neonatal infections, immunizations, COVID-19, and antimicrobial stewardship.
Clinical and educational responsibilities include:
• Clinical care in inpatient and ambulatory settings including 8 specialties that have the U.S. News & World Report designation
• Education of residents and medical students, including students at the Charlotte campus of Wake Forest School of Medicine (anticipated opening in 2024)
Academic opportunities depending on expertise include:
• Further growth of the transplant infectious disease program, currently supported by two faculty members
• Development of an outpatient stewardship program
• Clinical/translational research
• Quality improvement
At 234 beds, Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH) is the largest children’s hospital between Atlanta and Washington DC. It serves high patient acuity and offers 150 pediatric subspecialists in over 30 pediatric specialties. Our educational mission includes training highly competitive pediatric residents and participating in medical student education. We offer an excellent environment for clinical research and quality improvement work. LCH is repeatedly ranked among the Best Children’s Hospitals in the nation by US News & World Report.
Atrium Health, one of the nation’s leading and most innovative healthcare organizations, provides a full spectrum of healthcare throughout North and South Carolina and Georgia. Atrium Health has over 3,000 system-employed providers, 750 faculty members and 14 residency programs who serve 45 acute care and specialty hospitals.