Behavioral Health Clinician Atrium Health Behavioral Health- Child and Adolescent Partial Hospitalization FT
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 59439
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 46521019830972-Partial Hospitalization
Provides behavioral health services to emotionally disturbed and mentally ill patients. Functions as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team, Serves as a liaison between the hospital and community agencies to facilitate resources for patients in their community. Functions under the supervision of a designated leader.
- Utilizes resources to meet patient care needs by collaborating with appropriate guardians and community agencies.
- Practices current knowledge/level of expertise in the area of specialty.
- Utilizes resources to meet patient care needs.
- Assists in the development and implementation of a discharge and/or treatment plan.
- Provides information and makes specific referrals to appropriate community agencies.
- Participates in multidisciplinary treatment team meetings.
- Communicates discharge plans with patient, family and/or treatment team to ensure smooth transition to next care.
- Discusses/arranges with client and/or significant others the appropriate mode of transportation for discharge.
- Assists in the completion and transmittal of forms related to treatment and placement.
- Maintains familiarity with current community resources and placement agencies.
- Completes patient care assignments with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Provides patient care according to established policies/procedures and professional standards of care.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and respect for the cultural, spiritual and diverse needs of clients.
- Conducts personal discussion in private areas.
- Demonstrates ability to verbally present cases in clinical staff meetings in a clear, concise and clinically relevant manner.
- Facilitates psycho educational learning interventions.
- Meets documentation timelines according to practice. Collaborates with community agencies to facilitate care coordination.
Works in various patient care areas with exposure to potentially combative and hostile patients. Work requires frequent moving from one area to another. Communicates verbally and in writing with patients/families/ agencies and the health care team. Must be able to make sound decisions within limited time elements and carry out responsibilities in a professional manner.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree required, focus in in a related human services field such as social work or psychology preferred. Previous case management experience preferred. Additional departmental certification may be required.