This job posting is no longer active.
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 59187
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12011053131753-Ambulance Services
Job Summary: Provides Advanced Life Support to patients of the age groups: Infant (0-12 months), Toddlers (1-3 years), pre-schoolers (3-6- years), School Aged (6-12 years), Adolescents (12-21 years), Adults (21-65 years) and Gerians (65+) as dispatched throughout the Emergency Medical Services area.
1. Education: Minimum education of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
2. Experience: Minimum of 1-3 years of experience as an EMT.
3. Certification/License/Registration: Must hold a current Georgia Advanced EMT License. Must be certified in Basic Cardiac Life Support and must maintain certification at all times with no lapse. Must maintain a valid Georgia Drivers License and maintain a driving record that meets the requirements set forth by the Hospital Driving Policy. Must be aware and follow current Federal and Georgia laws with regards to emergency medical services. Must meet contract and Hospital requirements for criminal background check.
4. Position Titles and Number Supervised: None
5. Special Training/Skills: Must be able to utilize initiative and independent action when required within the general framework of professional assignment. Must be able to utilize good judgment in evaluating alternatives in unorthodox situations. Must have good verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with physicians, patients and family members. Must be able to work with accuracy under stress and emergency situations. Discretion required in handling confidential information. Must be able to consistently follow prescribed treatment protocol for patient conditions.