Supervisor - Clerical Ambulatory - Atrium Health - Rock Hill - FT
Rock Hill, SC, United States
Job ID: 59327
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 21031045340501-Administration
Location: Rock Hill - 1656 Riverchase Blvd Rock Hill
Provides leadership for front line clerical team members to support practice operations. Oversees team member and patient flow, and leads department functions related to scheduling appointments, care coordination and authorization management, registration and check in/out and revenue cycle functions.
- Develops staffing plans to maximize use of resources.
- Interviews and selects clerical team members for the department in cooperation with the department manager.
- Trains and assists new clerical team members in the onboarding process for the department.
- Coaches and counsels clerical team members on their performance.
- Oversees meeting performance metrics for the department to include productivity and quality standards.
- Conducts or delegates auditing responsibility for compliance with policies and standard work for the department to ensure metrics are met and processes are appropriately followed.
Work consistently requires long periods of sitting, computer and phone use. Work requires some walking, standing, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds. Must have intact senses of sight, hearing and touch. Must be able to speak and articulate clearly. Works in a fast paced environment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED Required. Associates degree preferred. Customer service and Practice Operations, Call Center or Ambulatory Revenue Cycle experience required. Minimum of 3 years in a medical office setting preferred.