Medical Assistant Certified-LiveWELL Clinic Care (Macon, GA)
This job posting is no longer active.
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 59436
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 52031082942209-Teammate Health
Provides assistance to front office staff as required and offers assistance to other clinical staff as required. Prepares appointments. Enters patient encounter notes in a timely manner; copies, faxes, and performs other clerical duties and functions as courier as needed.
- Assist physician with patient care by escorting patient to exam rooms, triaging patient and documenting chief complaint. Involves family in patient care based on patients’/family’s desires and capabilities. Communicates with patient/family regarding plan of care and procedural instructions. Utilizes effective communication skills to include active listening, assertiveness, tact and diplomacy. Records vital signs. Engages in problem solving to resolve patient needs. Performs Phlebotomy as required for patients of the practice. Administers injections as ordered by physician. Performs urine collection, breath alcohol testing and fit testing as needed.
- Safely administers patient care and performs procedures in accordance with standards and practice policies. Recognizes and responds appropriately to emergency situations.
- May assist in the assessment of patient, family on an as needed basis. Documents initial assessment data and patient history completed according to structure standards. Collects initial and ongoing assessment data and notifies physician of changes in patient information. Documents data for determining plan of care. Demonstrates proficiency in documentation of all patient information. Provides patient instructions as needed. Documents legibly using concise terms, correct terminology and approved abbreviations.
- Prioritizes workload according to patient acuity and M.D. schedule. Sets up exam rooms in preparation for patient procedures and exams. Cleans exam rooms after patient encounters and sanitizes exam table and exam room after each patient. Keeps work area clean and organized. Practices proper hand-washing technique. Cleans room, equipment, and office area as appropriate.
- Facilitates referrals to other health care resources. Actively involves other health care team members in the processing of patient and patient needs.
- Stocks exam rooms before, during and after exam room use. Maintains adequate supplies and equipment for each room. Ensures needed medical and office supplies are ordered timely.
- Enters Lab orders in E.H.R. and documents orders on Lab Flow Sheet. Retrieves lab results and ensures patient files have correct data entered on behalf of each patient.
- Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate MSDS records.
Education, Training, and Experience
Completion of a state approved Vo-Tech School in Certified Medical Assisting. Must hold current certification as a Medical Assistant. Completion of Medical assistant externship; or physician office medical assistant experience preferred. Computer knowledge and skills is preferred. Current certification as a Medical Assistant. May accept AMT Registered Medical Assistant certification.
Other Job Requirements, Licenses, Certifications