Lead Nurse Practitioner-LiveWell Clinic Care (Macon, GA)
This job posting is no longer active.
Macon, GA, United States
Job ID: 59103
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 52031082942209-Teammate Health
- Demonstrates expertise in clinical practice.
- Initiates and manages therapeutic regimen for selected health problems in accordance with established protocols.
- Initiates and applies appropriate care modalities based upon expert knowledge and/or technical competence.
- Ensures continuity of care for patients under treatment for chronic conditions and for patients following hospitalization for acute or chronic conditions.
- Utilizes advanced skills in assessment, definition and management of health problems, recognizing when to refer patient to other providers and consult with other providers.
- Incorporates professional nursing theory, procedures and techniques in delivery of care.
- Assesses medications as to side effects, interactions and/or adverse reactions.
- Critically evaluates care delivered to patients and evaluates desired patient-centered outcomes.
- Participates in formal and informal organizational committees, teams and task forces contributing to development and update of standards of patient care delivery.
- Incorporates evidence-based practices.
- Facilitates learning in staff, patients/families, and students.
- Contributes to educational programs for staff, patients/families, and students.
- Provides and documents patient education in a manner which indicates barriers to learning, cultural sensitivity, and patient comprehension.
- Counsels patient/family concerning specific health care needs to insure understanding of therapeutic regimen initiated in collaboration with professional health care providers.
- Documents legibly and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Adheres to AP Nurse Practice Act and established protocols for patient assessment and documentation, and treatment.
- Participates in consultative services for patients, families, community agencies and nursing staff.
- Collaborates with other departments and service organizations in attaining mutual goals through articulation of clinical perspectives, patient advocacy and professional practice.
- Develops and maintains cohesive referral system in providing holistic care of patients, families and community.
- Coordinates care as appropriate with applicable Residents and attending physicians.
- Uses processes of critical inquiry to contribute to nursing’s body of knowledge and to improve clinical nursing practice.
- Supports and collaborates with other health professionals in development, implementation, and evaluation of clinical research as appropriate.
- Evaluates and integrates research findings into professional practice, standard development and educational programs by participating in formal education, certification and other professional development opportunities
- Identifies and utilizes effective mechanisms for dissemination of research findings to appropriate staff, patients and community.
- Facilitates continued development of clinical practice by self-evaluation, through peer evaluation and participation in continuing education.
- Provides services based upon the procedure specifics as assigned for this specialty.
Education, Training, and Experience
BSN required. Master’s degree from an approved program for nurse practitioners required. Minimum of three years nursing experience. Minimum of one year as a nurse practitioner preferred.