Certified/Registered Medical Assistant - Atrium Health - Matthews - Pediatrics - FT
$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Matthews, NC, United States
Job ID: 57961
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Mon- Fri 8a-5p
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 27011038833177-Pediatric Clinic
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. CMA's are eligible for a bonus of $7,500 for Full-Time positions, and a relocation bonus of $2000. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
Our team members are part of an environment that fosters health, hope and healing-for all, driven by the principles of Our Atrium Health Way to create a welcoming and professional environment. The Patient Service Specialist will consistently provide exemplary customer service while proactively executing all front office administrative duties. It is the responsibility of every Atrium Health team member to deliver a world-class patient experience every person, every encounter, every time.
- Exemplify caring and compassionate customer service to create an excellent patient experience
- Provide exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to interact with patients and families in a wide variety of sensitive situations
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and decisive judgment in an often-hectic environment and possess the ability to work cohesively on a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Manages patient registration, insurance verification, scheduling, collection and cash receipting, arrival and/or departure desk activities according to standards and guidelines ensuring accuracy and an outstanding patient experience
- Encourages patient utilization of front-end technology during the registration process
- Enters and maintains confidential and accurate patient information including patient insurance, billing, and payment information throughout patient encounter Assists billing functions accurately and/or directs to appropriate billing office
- Demonstrates proficiency of emergency codes and appropriate responses as well as applicable federal and state healthcare regulations
- Monitors inventory and stock medications, narcotics, and emergency medications/equipment
Must be able to sit for long periods of time and work in a fast-paced office environment. Should be able to bend and lift up to 10 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED require. Computer experience required. Customer relations experience required. Experience with Medical Records Software preferred, Front desk practice experience preferred.