This job posting is no longer active.
Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 59493
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Days
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 36071109833171-Primary Care
The Clinical Supervisor provides a full range of Medical Assistant duties and support as part of the patient medical care team. The Supervisor serves as a subject matter expert within the office, answering routine questions from colleagues, offering guidance and support, and assisting with training new staff. The Supervisor recognizes when to escalate and direct issues to the Site Manager or other leadership and acts accordingly.
Primary duties of this position are: patient rooming, collecting patient vital signs, point of care testing, documentation in the electronic medical record (EHR), maintaining patient flow, stocking exam rooms, assisting with procedures and treatments, communicating with efficiency and verifying that lab, x-ray or procedure reports are available for provider. The CMA also accurately performs required computer functions including but not limited to medication reconciliation, coding of medical and laboratory procedures, order entry and scheduling of appointments. The CMA may assist the provider with appropriate patient education and communication to individuals including pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. The CMA works under the clinical direction of the physician and has a direct reporting relationship to the Office/Site Manager.
Other duties include:
A. Trains and leads new clinical staff.
B. Works to assure practice compliance with FLSA, CLlA, OSHA, ADA, EEO, and licensure requirements for physician practice.
C. Answers incoming telephone communication and routes to appropriate source within the practice.
D. Completes basic clerical duties, such as filing, typing, etc.
E. Maintains accurate medical records
F. Calls in prescriptions with physicians' approval.
G. Provides back up for all back office based functions.
H. Communicates clearly and appropriately with team members, physician(s), and patients.
I. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution, AND
2. Medical Assisting diploma/certificate from a nationally recognized accredited institute or program, or
3. Graduate from an accredited practical nursing program with valid GA license (LPN), or
4. Successful completion of a formal medical services training program of the United States Armed Forces, or
5. In lieu of a Medical Assisting diploma/certificate, 1 year of verifiable full-time Medical Assisting work experience is required along with a current certification as listed below.
1. Medical Assistant (MA) certification received from a nationally recognized and accredited certifying body, upon hire, or by the completion of a probationary period defined below, is required to work in all Floyd locations. The certification must be maintained for the duration of employment.
Currently, these approved certifying bodies include:
*The American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), awarding Certified Medical Assistant (CMA).
*The American Medical Technologists (AMT), awarding the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA).
*The National Center for Competency Testing, awarding the National Certified MA (NCMA).
*The National Health Career Association, awarding the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA).
1. 2-3 years of experience as a Certified Medical Assistant in a medical office setting.