Patient Service Coordinator
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 57733
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028343622-Patient Services
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Responsible for the implementation of a customer service program to enhance patient and family satisfaction. Performs duties of moderate to high complexity, judgment and scope. Liaison between patient, family members, the healthcare team and other support services providers. Serves as a patient advocate, facilitates actions to expedite necessary changes and serves as a catalyst for effective change. Able to work independently with a minimal amount of supervision.
- The Patient Services Coordinator functions as a liaison between patients, families, guests and staff for customer service needs. Works flexible hours to accommodate special assignments. Works a member of the healthcare team making rounds to see that customer expectations are met.
- Promotes the highest level of customer satisfaction through one on one personal interaction.
- Maintains and models strict patient confidentiality at all times and appropriate privacy and security measures as necessary to the specific patient/guest situations.
- Assists in the identification of patients, families and guests with special customer service or service recovery needs through the maintenance and utilization of the Premier Health Services database, referrals and interaction with the healthcare team staff on a daily basis.
- Maintains the confidential patient list and codes the patient classification in the MPI as per departmental/financial policies as needed.
- Responsible for the inspection, assessment and coordination of environmental esthetics, maintenance and improvements in assigned areas for patient, family, guests and physicians.
- Assures the daily ordering of flowers for identified patients, families and employees as needed. Responsible for maintaining accurate records. Reconcile and disburse accounts monthly as needed.
- Responsible for oversight of the ordering and coordination of supplies for assigned patient waiting areas, patient rooms. Demonstrates the financial knowledge and skill necessary to develop and maintain balance sheets on all accounts and providers of service to the Premier Health Services department. Performs account analyses and reconciles all assigned balance sheet and selected expense and revenue accounts under the direction of the department director.
- Acts as a referral for social, educational and local sources of diversion as requested by patients, families and visitors.
- Must maintain professional competency in the application of current management techniques, a current knowledge of healthcare resources, cultural, ethical, business and legal issues impacting the department’s service delivery.
- Acts as a role model and inspiration for staff in meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers.
- Assists with surveys, visits and inquiries. Participates as an interdepartmental / intradepartmental liaison, serving on hospital and community committees promote the satisfaction of the patient, family and guests and quality assurance.
Work requires mobility, sitting, lifting and reaching. Must be able to lift a minimum of 15 lbs. shoulder height. Must be able to push/pull a wheelchair and rolling cart. Must have the ability to clearly communicate verbally in English.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor’s degree preferably in human services, hospitality or health sciences required. Equivalence will be considered on a case-by-case basis. 3 years experience required in customer service. Work experience in the healthcare setting is an asset. Must be computer literate with competency in Microsoft Office. Must be able to respond quickly in stressful or emergent situations. Must be able to cope with interruptions, varying personalities and changing priorities, and irregular hours.