Shift Details: Full Time Days; 40 hrs/week
Atrium Health Cleveland in Shelby is a 241-bed hospital serving greater Cleveland County, NC, and the surrounding region. We were the first Level III trauma center in NC, offering advanced emergency care.
We strive every day to bring advanced care to the community. We also believe in serving the community outside our hospital walls, as evidenced by our commitment to health education, and through our contributions to organizations such as United Way and Relay for Life.
Supervises, develops, and coordinates the clinical, research, educational and financial activities, as applicable, of their respective clinical program to ensure high quality and cost efficiency.
- Coordinates the clinical care of patients being evaluated for and/or patients already participating in the clinical program, including research activities, and education.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, or arrange for the provision of appropriate care for an adolescent, adult, or geriatric population of patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status. Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements and ensures and documents that age specific needs are being met as described in the departmental policies and procedures.
- Coordinates clinical care throughout the program utilizing pathways and developing tools to ensure high quality, cost effective continuity of care is provided to all patients.
- Collaborates with other clinical team members in assessing and supporting psychosocial needs of the patient/family.
- Supervises and coordinates the program interdisciplinary care conferences as applicable.
- Collaborates with entire clinical team to evaluate and implement appropriate educational materials.
Requires ability to sit, stand, or walk for long periods of time. Reaching, stooping, bending in file drawers. Working in fast-paced clinical setting. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch and manual and finger dexterity. Must be able to be mobile within the entire healthcare system as needed.
Education, Experience and Certifications
BSN required. MSN preferred. NC RN license required. 2 years nursing experience required. Program management experience preferred. 5 years experience preferred. BLS HCP certification from AHA required. Depending on specialty area, a valid NC driver’s license and reliable transportation may be required.
Additional Essential Functions
- Leads, coordinates, and implements activities that will position the organization to achieve and maintain nursing excellence through the achievement of ANCC Magnet and or Pathway to Excellence (PTE) recognition program.
- Provides oversight for the planning, implementation, and coordination of the program standards to promote nursing excellence, empowerment through shared governance, and professional development of nurses.
- Oversees coordinating the program application, readiness assessment, appraisal process, and re-designation.
- Serves as an influencer in the organization and works directly with the facility Chief Nurse Officer to implement the strategies for achieving nursing excellence.
- Demonstrates knowledge of ANCC recognition program standards (Magnet and PTE) and serve as the clinical expert for teammates, leaders, and interdisciplinary teams.
- Leads and aligns nursing clinical practice and professional development with the standards of nursing excellence using the guidance of PTE and or Magnet.
- Serves as a facility/hospital liaison for nursing leadership to ANCC Magnet/PTE office.
- Coordinates all nursing quality indicators and serve as a liaison for the National Database for Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI).
- Directs and maintains the preparation, composition, editing, publication, and submission of the Magnet/PTE appraisal document.
- Collaborates with key personnel to manage and submit the required Magnet/PTE documents.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of ANCC information, networking, list serve, and state and national activities related to Magnet/PTE.
- Promotes integration of shared governance across the organization to include interdisciplinary teams.
- Lead and participate in appropriate councils and committees that align with and facilitate nursing excellence.
- Champions best practices for improvement in quality outcomes, professional development, workplace safety, and teammate well-being.
- Coordinates reports, resources, presentations, and education that support and promote the pursuit of nursing excellence.
- Oversees all organizational preparations for ANCC site visits and or appraisal survey completion.