Psychiatric Tech - Resource Team
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 57915
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028331666-Clinical Resource Staffing Office
Location: Atrium Corporate Operations
Provides psychiatric tech services in all patient care areas of expertise and knowledge, at all elected facilities. Assists the Registered Nurse in meeting needs of psychiatric or chemically dependent patients. Functions under supervision of the Nurse Manager, Supervisor, Charge Nurse or RN on the unit to which assigned.
- Observes, reports, and documents signs and symptoms or changes in patient behavior to charge nurse.
- Interacts with patients therapeutically.
- Assists, initiates, and participates in social and recreational activities, group therapy, patient teaching groups, and other group activities.
- Uses CPI techniques appropriately.
- Makes rounds on assigned patients at least every half hour during shift.
- Demonstrates flexibility in changing workload.
- Responds to patients with empathy, maintaining their dignity and confidentiality.
- Participates in unit-based process improvement activities.
- Participates in unit-based committees.
- May include on-call duties as requested by administration.
Works in patient care area with potentially combative or self-destructive patients, including behavior control areas. Each team member has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. Work requires walking, standing, lifting, reaching, handling of charts, supplies, equipment, blood, and body fluids.
Education, Experience and Certifications.
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred. Relevant patient care experience in a hospital setting preferred. Must have good therapeutic communication skills. CPI certification required within 90 days of hire date. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.