Neurosciences Institute - Charlotte - APP
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 55134
Job Family: Advanced Practice Provider
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 7-7 days and night shifts, 12 hours
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 25241005030977-Hospitalists Services - Inpatient
Neurosciences Institute – Neurology (NIN), is the region's largest and most experienced stroke network. Our Neurological Specialists work together to provide wide-ranging, seamlessly connected neurological care. We are seeking a qualified Advanced Practice Provider to join the inpatient neurology team at Atrium Health-Mercy in Charlotte, NC.
- Major focus on inpatient neurology and helping transition of care to an outpatient setting
- Seeking a provider with strong acute stroke competencies
- Support growth of neurology/stroke services at Atrium Health facilities and stroke-related research and Tele-neurology and stroke services
- Provide remote stroke/neurology expertise to regional facilities
- 3 - 12 hour shifts per week (shared days, nights, and swing shift)
- Research opportunities available
- Establish protocols for standardized care across the continuum
- Graduation for an accredited NP or PA program. Must be approved to practice as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state of North Carolina. Current prescriptive privileges and DEA license required. BLS and ACLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required with expiration date greater than 90 days from date of beginning practice.
- Nurse Practitioner: Master’s Degree or Doctor of Nursing Practice required. License to practice as a Registered Nurse required. Certification in practice from a nationally recognized certifying body required. **ACNP, AGACNP certification required.
- Physician Assistant: Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program required; Master’s Degree preferred. Certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants preferred.
- Experience as a provider in adult medicine, critical care, and/or hospitalist medicine; inpatient neurology experience preferred but not required
- Demonstrate appropriate critical thinking and interpersonal skills when working in a fasted paced, high acuity work environment. Able to perform a thorough history and physical assessment.
- NC Licensure
When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.