Behavioral Health Clinician- Atrium Health Behavioral Health Clinician-PRN
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 42450
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 46521019843805-Social Work
Location: Charlotte - 501 Billingsley Rd
Provides behavioral health services to emotionally disturbed and mentally ill patients. Functions as a member of a multidisciplinary team. Assesses, treats, plans, and provides psycho-education, and individual, family, and group therapy.
- Utilizes resources to meet patient care needs by collaborating with appropriate guardians and community agencies.
- Assesses patients’ problems, needs, and level of functioning.
- Writes appropriate treatment plans according to patient diagnosis, age, and clinical presentation.
- Provides various treatment modalities and theoretical applications based on current clinical standards.
- Assists individual, groups, and families through the counseling relationship; evaluates and treats mental disorders and other conditions through the use of a combination of psychotherapeutic techniques and human development principles.
- Establishes and conducts appropriate interventions/treatment. Writes appropriate discharge plans based on individual needs of client and follows through with termination process.
- Provides patient care according to established policies/procedures and professional standards of care.
- Designs, plans, and implements effective patient education.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates patient care according to identified needs and manager clients in crisis.
- Provides accurate and consistent documentation of patient care/response in the medical record.
- Presents cases in clinical team meetings in a clear, concise, and clinically relevant manner.
- Completes all documentation within facility-established timeframes. Coordinates discharge planning and plan of care with next provider.
Requires extensive walking throughout the facility. Prolonged periods of sitting reviewing medical records and completing documentation. Repetitive wrist motion and occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds. Requires verbal and written communication in English. Intact sight and hearing with or without assistive devices is required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master's Degree in a relevant human services field such as Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or Marriage and Family Therapy from an accredited school of graduate education required. Must be issued an associate licensure and/or certification from the appropriate governing board in the state in which one works within 6 months of employment. Successful completion of CPI and CPR training required within 90 days of hire. Clinical experience preferred. Case management experience with the Serious and Persistent Mental Illness population and/or experience working with substance abuse preferred. Must have good therapeutic communication skills.