This job posting is no longer active.
Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 58094
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 47461112831753-Ambulance Services
Location: EMS-Floyd Main
The Floyd EMS Emergency Medical Technician (hereafter referred to as EMT) works under the supervision of the EMS Director, Assistant Director(s), Supervisor and Medical Director. The EMT is responsible for providing pre-hospital care to the sick and injured and safe transportation to an appropriate medical facility. Under general supervision, the EMT provides basic to intermediate-level emergency and non-emergency care to the ill and injured, including assessment of illness and/or injury, management of sick patients, preparation for transport, transfer of information, and patient care. The EMT must provide proficient delivery of emergency medical care while demonstrating teamwork within the healthcare environment. The EMT is committed to the utilization of the Floyd EMS standards for the provision of quality care and service to the community. The Floyd value compass standards are inherent throughout the care administration process.
1. High school diploma or GED from an accredited institute required
2. State-approved Emergency Medical Technician course
1. Valid Driver's license and driving record in accordance with facility policy
2. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support
3. Current Georgia Emergency Medical Technician certification (EMT-A)
4. Current advanced cardiac life support certification of audit or equivalent
5. Current basic trauma life support certification of audit or equivalent