Surgical Technologist - Acute III - Atrium Health Pineville - FT Evenings
$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 56415
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11071005430170-Operating Room
Location: AH Pineville Main - 10628 Park Rd
This position is sign-on bonus eligible! Experienced Surgical Technologists are eligible for a $10,0000 sign-on bonus with a one-year commitment. New Graduate and Part Time Surgical Technologists are eligible for a $5000 sign-on bonus with a one-year commitment.
Applies advanced surgical technology skills to assist in providing patient care in the surgical suite while maintaining a safe work environment and performing all related job responsibilities. Ensures quality patient care during the operative procedure, and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of aseptic technique and its application.
- Assists in obtaining and organizing supplies and instruments prior, during and after surgical procedure.
- Assists Registered Nurse circulator in preparation of patient, assembly of supplies, instruments, equipment and proper disposition of all specimens; assists with all aspects of room turnover.
- Performs duties according to department policy and procedure.
- Monitors surgical supplies for sterility prior to use and ensures that supplies are used in a judicious manner, charges are documented/submitted accurately and appropriately.
- Monitors and documents sterilization activities for completion.
- Attends in-services/staff meetings; exhibits knowledge of current department related issues and participates in Performance Improvement Process.
- Participates in educational opportunities to increase competency and meet personal needs and goals.
- Assists in the development of policies, procedures, and standards.
- Serves as a preceptor and a clinical resource to others.
- Assumes responsibility for individual specified unit clinical projects as required..
Works with occasional intermittent noise and exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes, and chemicals. Ability to communication and write. Strenuous physical effort will require walking, stretching, bending, climbing stairs, twisting, and squatting or kneeling while performing tasks. May have lengthy periods of standing. Requires frequent use of side vision, lifting, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds. Use of both hands and all fingers and is required to use hands for gripping, speed work and precision during the operation equipment/instruments and movement/positioning of surgical patients. Vision and hearing for distances of up to twenty 20 feet is required, depth perception and able to distinguish basic colors is required. Ability to work for lengthy, or irregular work hours, rotating shifts, working on hard surfaces, being near moving equipment, changes in temperature, humidity, and exposure to Blood Borne Pathogens.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology required or successful completion of military training program for Surgical Technology or Operating Room Specialist. At least 5 years of operating room experience in surgical technologist role required. Current certification required. Meets all ST III qualifications of Surgical Tech Ladder.