Registered Nurse, Atrium Health, Patient Logistics, Night Shift
Mint Hill, NC, United States
Job ID: 54636
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 47331020231523-Patient Placement
Location: Mobile Med - Phys Connection Line-11304 Hawthorne Dr Ste 230
Proactively manages patient flow and inpatient beds from a hospital wide perspective for multiple Atrium Health Hospitals using the most current bed allocation criteria. Collaborates with coworkers in Patient Placement as well as other departments and disciplines to assure timely bed assignments to the most appropriate level of care. Serves as a clinical resource for the Admission Transfer Coordinators. Identifies and responds to issues impacting or delaying patient throughput, escalating issues as necessary. Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Promptly assigns beds in accordance with unit criteria and hospital policies
- Create pre-admission accounts in Epic for direct admission patients while avoiding the creation of duplicate accounts
- Able to successfully navigate in various applications to include but not limited to Cerner and Epic.
- Reviews applicable information in Epic and Cerner to assist with proper placement of patients
- Coordinate bed clean priorities with environmental services.
- Communicates relevant information to coworkers and escalates placement issues to the team lead as necessary.
- Serves as a mentor for new teammates and assists in hands-on training and support.
- Keeps up to date with changes in bed allocation criteria including unit changes, hospital policy changes and infection control policies.
- Provides support to customers.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods. Ability to multi-task under pressure. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively on the computer and via telephone. Ability to continuously monitor computer screens.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Licensed RN in the state of North Carolina required; BSN preferred. At least 1 year of experience in medical office or hospital setting required. Proficient computer skills required. Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.