Technical Lab Specialist I - Chemistry/Hematology - Core Lab
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 55904
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 51011028339030-Laboratory Administration - Acute Care
Job Summary Develops and applies technology, methods and training across a wide array of disciplines and processes, with the goal of improving quality and efficiency. Scope of responsibility spans the entire clinical laboratory value stream, including Test menu/dictionary, equipment implementation, results reporting, and technical consultation.
- Ensures all requirements of applicable regulatory agencies (federal, state, local) are satisfied at all times. Leads continuous accreditation readiness efforts and collaborates with others in the development of improvement capabilities.
- Facilitates assessments, develops, implements, and evaluates corrective action plans based on past surveys and preparatory tracer activities.
- Collaborates with key teammates (operational leaders, key operators, technical staff, professional partners) for implementation of technical methods in clinical area of expertise.
- Improves quality and efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout in partnership with department leaders.
- Collaborates with vendors, technical directors, quality, and lab team to create a standardized method validation plan for new equipment. Focuses on streamlining implementation, meeting minimal manufacture requirements, while remaining compliant with accreditation agencies.
- Ensures all equipment is implemented in an integrated fashion, optimizing the mix of technology, information systems, and processes to support operational and customer needs.
- Participates in creation of standard work, sharing technical expertise to optimize efficiencies for continuous improvement
- Practice and teach critical thinking and problem-solving skills to create an environment of continuous quality improvement. Identifies performance improvement opportunities that impact operational & quality metrics. Utilizes the PDSA (Plan-Do-Study-Act) cycle to document improvements.
- Designs and conducts experiments to evaluate new methods with the goal of furthering the scope, quality, and efficiency of clinical laboratory services.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
Works in a busy environment around physicians, technologists, and visitors. Must be able to actively walk and navigate throughout the work area around equipment. Works in an area which contains infectious materials, chemical hazards, and fire and mechanical hazards. Works in an analytical, physical and managerial environment. May be required to stoop, reach, and lift light (20 lbs.) to moderately heavy (50 lbs.) loads.
Education, Experience and Certifications Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology, business, manufacturing, or related field is required. Master’s degree in Health Administration, Business, Science or another related field is desirable. A minimum of five 5 years of relevant leadership experience is required. Can include Group Leader experience. Demonstrated track record of achieving results.