Social Worker MSW - Weekender Pediatrics
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 56204
Job Family: Behavioral Health Services
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 7am to 7pm
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005031712-Clinical Case Management
Job Summary Provides psychosocial assessment, counseling, crisis intervention and information/referral services on a consultation basis to patients and families.
- Completes psychosocial assessments for the patient's post hospital care for designated patients and their support system.
- Assists patients in coping with stress related to hospitalization, disability, chronic/terminal illness.
- Works with the Clinical Care Management team to assess and evaluate the patient for the appropriate level of care or environment setting to meet care needs across the continuum.
- Serves as a resource to hospital staff and physicians regarding emotional, social, and psychosocial components of the patient's illness and its effects on their social support system.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Care Management team, provides information, education to patients on community resources and options for post hospital care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Make referrals to community agencies as needed.
- Reports suspected cases of child & adult abuse/neglect/exploitation. Serves as liaison between hospital, patients and Department of Social Services during evaluation/investigation.
- Responds to requests for consultative services to patients after normal working hours.
Works in an office type setting. Extensive walking throughout the facility. Prolonged periods of sitting reviewing medical records, and documentation. Repetitive wrist motion and occasional lifting of 10-20 pounds. Requires frequent verbal and written communication in English. Intact sight and hearing with or without assistive devices is required. Must be able to handle a fast paced environment, moving independently from one location to another. Takes On-Call Duty as scheduled.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Masters in Social Work required, LCSW preferred. NC Certification is preferred. Adherence to National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics. At least 1 year professional experience in hospital or health related setting preferred. Expertise with Data Management Tools.