Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 56882
Job Family: Nursing
Status: Part Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 12311112543831-School Nurse Program
Location: Floyd Medical Center
Administers nursing care under the guidelines of school systems in Rome and Floyd County GA. Participates in the implementation and evaluation of student care. Ensures the health, comfort and safety of students and adult staff onsite. Manages illness and control of infectious diseases; implements immunization programs; provides school-based lectures on personal, social, and health care education, and assists teachers in dealing with children who have special healthcare needs such as asthma, diabetes and epilepsy as examples.
Requires an associate's nursing degree, current GA RN license, and at least one year of experience in the school nurse field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Respond well in emergency medical situations.
* Communicate with proficiency in order for both the child and parent to understand the medical condition of the student.
* Conduct counseling and crisis interventions if needed.
* Practice ethnic and cultural sensitivity as well as be familiar with health laws, special education legislation and services.
* Know the scope of the school nursing practice.