Health Academy Associate - Union
This job posting is no longer active.
Monroe, NC, United States
Job ID: 55019
Job Family: Education, Training & Development
Status: Full Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11081005643827-Health Sciences Education Grade School Partnership
Serves as a liaison between Atrium Health Union and Union County Public Schools. Develops and implements curricula and co-curricular activities, works closely with school staff to ensure curricular alignment and coordinates all aspects of student services for student enrolled in the academy.
- Serves as liaison between school administration, CTE Specialists, teachers and Atrium Health Union team members.
- Collaborates with school administrators and classroom teachers in lesson/unit development and implementation. Delivers in-class support through modeling lessons in classrooms, assists teachers through feedback and collaboration in improving upon and further development of lessons, including coaching of best instructional practices to advance student achievement.
- Coordinates curriculum development and ongoing redesign efforts, to include scheduling of consultants on campus to maximize contracted services for grant implementation in professional development, classroom instruction, and other applicable co-curricular programs.
- Works with classroom teachers to develop blended learning through technology to include assessment, differentiated instruction, and digital portfolios.
- Serves as primary point of contact, resource person, catalyst, and consultant for both prospective and currently enrolled students, applicants, parents and secondary school personnel. Coordinates parent events, workshops, and activities with school administration.
- Monitors student data collection, generates progress reports, analyzes data and timely evaluation of project activities and outcomes.
Requires mobility needed to access classrooms, offices. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Potential exposure to communicable diseases, biohazardous materials, and other conditions common to a clinical environment. Requires sitting: including keyboard, telephone communication, inter- and intra-departmental discussion. Responsible for working in a safe manner. Ability to carry and/or lift up to 15 pounds
Education, Experience and Certifications
Associate's Degree in healthcare related field required; Bachelor’s Degree in education, nursing or other healthcare field preferred. 3 years of clinical or teaching experience required. Teacher certification preferred.