This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 54082
Job Family: Clerical Support
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Monday - Friday 10:00a - 3:00p
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 21091017243515-Call Center - Primary Care
Masters in exemplifying the importance of patient care connections through attributes of exceptional customer service, effective communication, and efficient navigation of the enterprise resources. Required to fulfill patient requests, according to specific service line and/or department directives. Extensive knowledge of service deliverables is continuously promoted to drive efficiencies in achieving one call resolution while ensuring patient satisfaction.
• Work with clinicians and third parties to reach resolution of complex and escalated issues and patient needs.
• Assists with education and training needs of teammates.
• Exemplifies concierge level customer service.
• Utilizes a telephone answering platform to answer calls for multiple areas as indicated in efficient and effective manner using standard greetings for opening of call, content/protocols related to call and closing of the call.
• Maintains expert working knowledge of database applications while ensuring patient privacy.
• Works as a team player, while consistently achieving departmental goals and metrics.
• Facilitate patient requests in a safe manner.
• Engages active listening and critical thinking skills to identify caller needs and effectively processes all calls per appropriate service line guidelines.
Work consistently requires long periods of sitting, computer, and phone use. Work requires some walking, standing, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds. Must have intact senses of sight, hearing, and touch. Must be able to speak and articulate clearly. Works in a fast-paced environment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Associates degree in healthcare related field
preferred. Medical, secretarial, and customer service experience required. 1 year in a
medical office or healthcare setting with experience in appointment scheduling and
managing patient phone calls required. Experience as CMA/RMA, MOA or in a call
center environment preferred. Demonstrates adherence to minimum position quality metric goals for 6 consecutive months prior to consideration. Completion of Patient Concierge training as nominated by manager required. One year in a Patient Connection Specialist position with meeting all quality and patient experience targets required.
Patient Population Served
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and demonstrates the skills and competency appropriate to the ages, culture, developmental stages, and special needs of the patient population served.
Protected Health Information
• Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job.
• Will share information only on a need-to-know basis for work purposes.
• Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Machines, Tools, and Equipment
All related office equipment and supplies.