Radiation Therapist Atrium Health Morehead Medical Plaza PRN
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 56784
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Part Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011036632962-Radiation Therapy
Responsible for the optimum treatment delivery for radiation therapy patients with ionizing radiation in accordance with the written directive of the Radiation Oncologist, and under the direct supervision of the Chief Radiation Therapist. On an as needed basis, the PRN Radiation Therapist may travel to multiple LCI Radiation Oncology locations to provide coverage.
- Treats patients with ionizing radiation in adherence to all regulatory guidelines.
- Monitors all equipment parameters, documents equipment malfunctions and understands all emergency and safety procedures of all equipment.
- Maintains accurate medical records and treatment schedules.
- Recognizes and reports patient concerns and physical problems to appropriate personnel.
- Documents treatments and other associated details in the radiation oncology EMR.
- Communicates instructions and procedures to patients and their families.
- Assists with the clinical instruction of Radiation Therapy Students.
- Demonstrates the ability to rapidly grasp procedures and processes that may have slight variation from site to site.
- Provides radiation therapist coverage at LCI Radiation Oncology sites on the Atrium hospital campuses of Morehead, NorthEast, Cleveland, Stanly, Union, University, Pineville, as well as Lancaster Radiation Therapy and Rock Hill Radiation Therapy if needed.
- Must be able to cover up to two sites periodically in the same day.
This position requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment and supplies. Must speak and understand English. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly and make decisions to changes on the unit.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate of an AMA approved school of Therapeutic Radiology or international equivalent. ARRT registered. BLS for Healthcare Provider from AHA required. Must obtain and maintain a South Carolina Radiation Therapist license at time of hire if primary sites are Rock Hill or Lancaster. Otherwise, within 30 days of hire.