This job posting is no longer active.
Rome, GA, United States
Job ID: 54153
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: M-F
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 12311112741305-Business Office
The Payer AR Billing Specialist works with patients, the physician practices, and third party payers to promote a cohesive, service-oriented environment for billing, follow-up and collections. The Medical Billing Specialist will ensure high quality content, confidentiality and appropriate handling of all patient accounts and be responsive, respectful, and courteous to all customers.
1. High school graduate or equivalent
1. One year or more experience in a physician billing office setting
2. Working knowledge of accounts receivable
3. Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, commercial insurance, workers' compensation, PPO, CMO, HMO, and other insurance industry operating procedures
4. Proficient computer skills
5. Basic knowledge of medical terminology and prior experience with ICD-9 or ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding is preferred
6. Proficiency in filing and collecting insurance claims from individual carriers or agencies
1. None required.