This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. Surgical Techs are eligible for a bonus up to $10,000 for Full Time positions and up to $7,500 for Part Time positions based on experience. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off and a Career Advancement Ladder that rewards you for years of experience within your area of specialty.
Why Atrium Health?
Make a meaningful difference
Our Mission: To improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all.
Our Vision: To be the national leader for health, learning & community.
Be a part of a team with Culture Commitments
We recognize that employees are our most valuable asset. We have identified five Culture Commitments, built through the input of thousands of our teammates, as our guideposts for how we care for our patients and each other, every day.
- We create a space where all Belong
- We Work as One to make great things happen
- We earn Trust in all we do
- We Innovate to better the now and create the future
- We drive for Excellence – always
We offer the following to our Teammates:
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous paid parental and bereavement leave
- Retirement savings plan with employer matching
- Engaging employee recognition program
- Opportunities to grow and develop
- Education assistance program
- Employee resources groups to support our employees that are employee-driven
- Employee discount resource to purchase items, travel, etc
- In addition to our robust benefits packages and paid time off,
Applies surgical technology skills to assist in providing patient care in the surgical suite while maintaining a safe work environment and performing all related job responsibilities. Ensures quality patient care during the operative procedure, and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of aseptic technique and its application.
- Assists in obtaining and organizing supplies and instruments prior, during and after surgical procedure.
- Assists Registered Nurse circulator in preparation of patient, assembly of supplies, instruments, equipment and proper disposition of all specimens; assists with all aspects of room turnover.
- Performs duties according to department policy and procedure.
- Monitors surgical supplies for sterility prior to use and ensures that supplies are used in a judicious manner, charges are documented/submitted accurately and appropriately.
- Monitors and documents sterilization activities for completion.
- Attends in-services/staff meetings; exhibits knowledge of current department related issues and participates in Performance Improvement Process.
- Participates in educational opportunities to increase competency and meet personal needs and goals.
- Assists in the development of policies, procedures, and standards.
Works with occasional intermittent noise and exposure to conditions such as dust, fumes, and chemicals. Ability to communication and write. Strenuous physical effort will require walking, stretching, bending, climbing stairs, twisting, and squatting or kneeling while performing tasks. May have lengthy periods of standing. Requires frequent use of side vision, lifting, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds. Use of both hands and all fingers and is required to use hands for gripping, speed work and precision during the operation equipment/instruments and movement/positioning of surgical patients. Vision and hearing for distances of up to twenty 20 feet is required, depth perception and able to distinguish basic colors is required. Ability to work for lengthy, or irregular work hours, rotating shifts, working on hard surfaces, being near moving equipment, changes in temperature, humidity, and exposure to Blood Borne Pathogens.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider required. Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology required or successful completion of military training program for Surgical Technology or Operating Room Specialist. Current certification preferred.