Advance Laboratory Assistant - Core Lab - Part Time
This job posting is no longer active.
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 54754
Job Family: Laboratory Services
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: Mon-Fri 7AM-7:30PM Sat 8-5 Sun 10-7
Remote Opportunity: No
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11011005039022-Laboratory - Support Services
Performs functions supportive to the laboratory and its technical procedures as directed by the leader.
- Accurately accessions and registers specimens for processing and testing.
- Maintains high quality and productivity as required by department.
- Follows designated procedures for labeling and processing; sort and deliver specimens to technical areas as assigned.
- Prepares solutions, reagents and supplies as assigned.
- Operates all necessary equipment in designated laboratory.
- Answers phone and paging system as needed.
- Follows College of American Pathologists (CAP) requirements.
- Handles all incoming calls, emails, and faxes for CLN outreach locations
- Coordinate services between clients and CLN Acute Care and Core Lab location operations to aid in high quality patient care.
- Identifies process gaps through problem solving based on concerns raised by clients and teammates across the continuum of care
- Provides customer service support for facilities, patient services and physician offices through efficient and expert use of all information systems used across the enterprise. (Encompass, OnBase, and CRM)
- Provides consultation to clients on laboratory updates, specimen requirements, add-on testing, concerns impacting patient care and process improvement.
- Ensures all communication is appropriately documented in CRM application.
Works in a busy environment around physicians, technologists, and other hospital team member. Works in an area, which contains biohazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. Each team member has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. May be required to stoop, reach and lift light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads. May be required to stand and or walk for extended periods of time.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's degree required. Degree in chemical, biological, or life sciences preferred.