Ultrasound Technologist Atrium Health Mountain Island Weekender
$ Sign-On Bonus Eligible
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 56070
Job Family: Radiology Services
Status: Part Time
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 11031069439352-Ultrasound
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. Experienced candidates are eligible up to $5,000 for Part Time positions, and up to $10,000 for Full Time positions. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
Interested in being considered? Please apply and a member of the Talent acquisition team will be in contact with next steps via email or phone. Feel free to share this opportunity with others that may be interested as well and visit our careers page: https://careers.atriumhealth.org/search/radiology-services/jobs
Responsible for coordinating ultrasound exams with nursing units, radiologists and physicians. Performs ultrasound exams in accordance to departmental protocols and standards. Operates ultrasound and associated equipment with proficiency. Supports and contributes to the patient-centered care philosophy by understanding that every team member is a caregiver, who cares about the needs of each patient.
- Reviews physicians instructions on requisition and consults with Radiologist prior to performing procedure.
- Correlates prior exams, applicable test results and lab data pertinent to exam being performed.
- Verifies patient by checking ID armband and validates proof of identity.
- Reviews patients medical and clinical history and documents on requisition as pertains to exam.
- Obtains medications, radiopharmaceuticals or contrast materials as directed for administration by a licensed practitioner, authorized/certified technologist or registered nurse.
- Performs basic patient care functions and informs appropriate nursing team of any changes in the patient's condition.
- Evaluates technical quality of exam and recognizes imaging abnormalities and performs additional imaging as instructed.
- Assists Radiologist in performing invasive procedures.
This position requires moderate to heavy physical efforts in lifting and moving patients, equipment and supplies up to 50 pounds. Requires frequent walking, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling and lifting. Must be able to read and understand patient orders and technical materials. Motor coordination needed to operate heavy and delicate equipment. Intact sense of sight and hearing. Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Successful completion of Ultrasound Training Program preferred. Certified by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or registry eligible. BLS for Health Care Provider form AHA required.