Charlotte, NC, United States
Job ID: 54117
Job Family: Respiratory Services
Status: Full Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: 12 hr nightshift, variable days
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 51011028333316-Respiratory Care Administration
The Clinical Specialist serves as an expert for clinical teams. Clinical Specialist can also assist in the coordination and operation of specific programs within the Respiratory Care Department. Programs may include Education, Performance Improvement, Pulmonary Disease Management, Outpatient Services, and Research.
· Assists in the coordination and ongoing development of specific programs within the Respiratory Care Department.
· Assists in the development of ongoing improvements of specific programs within the Respiratory Care Department.
· Oversees the electronic medical record and the interface with the Respiratory Care Department.
· Serves as Department liaison and communicates pertinent information to multi-disciplinary team as appropriate.
· Participates in certain clinical functions as required and assists in staffing as the need arises.
· Provides ongoing support to Department programs and initiatives as required.Physical Requirements
Works both in the office and patient care areas. Involves sitting, standing, walking, and writing. Able to walk and stand to perform duties. Ability to lift materials 20-50 pounds. Ability to move patients of all age groups.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Licensed as a Respiratory Care Provider by the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board required. Registered as a RRT through the National Board for Respiratory Care required. Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy and 2 years of critical care experience in an acute care facility or a RRT equivalent with a minimum of 4 years of critical care experience in an acute care facility is required. Bachelors preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider from AHA is required. Advanced certification per facility.