Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Atrium Health Skilled Nursing - Stanly Manor - Weekender
Albemarle, NC, United States
Job ID: 53801
Job Family: Patient Care Support
Status: Part Time
Detailed Shift and Schedule: weekends
Job Type: Regular
Department Name: 43511007735171-Skilled Nursing Facility
Interested in learning more about the benefits of joining our facilities? Check out this video: Why You Should Join our Skilled Nursing Team
You may consider a skilled nursing facility if a family member requires regular help with daily tasks or if their condition requires more support and supervision than family can provide. At any of Atrium Health’s skilled nursing communities, you’ll find a committed and compassionate team dedicated to the care and well-being of residents and their families. We partner with the region’s top doctors and specialists to offer outstanding skilled nursing and rehabilitative care in a setting that feels like home.
Sometimes referred to as a nursing home, skilled nursing at Atrium Health is a comprehensive approach to 24/7 care. Our skilled nursing facilities are licensed, inspected and regulated by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
Shift Details: Sat/Sun
Job Summary Performs nursing care and assists with planning and implementing care for the comfort and well being of the patient under the direct supervision of a registered nurse. Assists in maintaining a safe working environment, performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner and maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the ages, developmental stages, and special needs of the patients served.
- Participates in patient assessments by determining nursing care needs based upon collection and interpretation of relevant data.
- Recognizes and determines need for immediate intervention.
- Demonstrates knowledge which enables the following: documentation of patient observations, treatments, patient response to treatment and nursing care utilizing the nursing process, participates actively in treatment and assisting with procedures.
- Assists with development/revision of the plan of care by providing data and identifying potential goals and intervention for review by the RN.
- Communicates with the appropriate clinical staff on the status of a patient if a significant change has occurred.
- Implements the identified plan under the supervision of the RN, ensuring tasks have been completed.
- Aware of patient's progress and goals as demonstrated by documentation in the medical records.
- Organizes workload and prioritizes responsibilities to ensure quality patient care is delivered in a time efficient manner.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice and performs only those nursing skills which they are competent to perform in accordance with legal boundaries and facility policies and procedures.
- Documents assessments, procedures, patient/family education, and the communication of information to appropriate members of the healthcare team in a timely manner.
- Provides and assesses effectiveness of patient and family education under the direction of the registered nurse within the scope of practice as defined by law.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds when handling patients, medical equipment and supplies. Understands and speaks fluent English. Must have intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch, finger dexterity, critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in the patient and unit conditions. Based on the physical requirements for this position all applicants for this position are required to undergo a physical ability test as a condition of employment.
Education, Experience and Certifications Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing required. Current LPN licensure or temporary license as a licensed practical nurse petitioner required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.