Patient Transporter I - Atrium Health - Cleveland - Patient Transport - FT
This job posting is no longer active.
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 52161
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11111004931754-Patient Transport
Location: AH Cleveland Main - 201 E Grover St
Provides safe, efficient and courteous guest/transport services to patients, visitors and staff. Prioritizes service needs and performs customer service duties to include transports, escorts, equipment requests and basic patient care. Coordinates patients, visitors and staff activities throughout the facilities.
- Role models a positive Atrium Health image to patients, visitors and staff by adhering to Our Atrium Health Way.
- Perform excellence customer service in transporting daily.
- Provide guest/transport services to include; transports, transfers, discharges, admissions, escorts, materials and equipment including transport of patients with medical devices/equipment (oxygen cylinders, intravenous pumps, PCA pumps, wound vac, etc.)
- Coordinate activities to guide patients, visitors/guests, and staff to desired designations within the facilities.
- Posses the ability to adjust the liter flow and determine PSI in an oxygen cylinder as well as the ability to transfer canula tubing for wall unit to/from cylinder.
- Perform safe patient handling to include; moving patient, patient lifts, patient transfers (stand-pivot and lateral), etc.
- Provide education to patients and visitors/guests (room orientation, transport process, etc.) and answer questions regarding essential support services or provide the appropriate resource(s).
- Use capacity management system and equipment to process task (Encompass/Epic, I Phone, Halo, computer, etc.)
- Assist with care and maintenance of transport equipment to ensure equipment is safe, clean, and ready for use. Inspect equipment before and after use to identify defective equipment. Report defective equipment immediately to supervisor.
- Monitor facilities to ensure environment is safe and clean (ensuring unattended equipment is removed from hallways, not blocking electrical panels, fire extinguishers or emergency exits)
- Maintain equipment inventory throughout facilities; stretchers, wheelchairs, beds, oxygen cylinders and carriers, IV poles, etc.
- Complete and maintain required training, educational programs, and certification.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Adhere to Atrium Health and departmental policies and procedures.
Works in an indoor/outdoor fast-paced, customer-oriented environment. Lengthy periods of standing and walking. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds for moving and lifting patients. Ability to push/pull all patient transport equipment. Ability to present a good working relationship with all departments. Ability to prioritize workload. Exposure to hazardous materials.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Oral and written communication skills, organizational, typing and strong leadership skills desirable. Previous experience in a guest services or hospitality industry is desirable. Experience in physically demanding work environment. BLS certified within 6 months. Computer and data entry skills are desirable
Education, Experience and Certifications