Floor Crew - Cleveland (Full Time)
This job posting is no longer active.
Shelby, NC, United States
Job ID: 50786
Job Family: Support Services
Status: Full Time
Shift Details: Regular
Department Name: 11111004941802-Environmental Services
Location: AH Cleveland Main - 201 E Grover St
Responsible for routine cleaning of floors, carpets, walls, assigned project work, and general cleaning tasks. Maintains an acceptable standard of cleanliness in linen rooms, trash rooms, collection containers and dock area, as well as all entrances under shelters and courtyard of the facilities.
- Supplies all units and departments with clean linen. Collects soiled linen, trash and regulated waste from holding areas.
- Vacuums, dust mops and wet mops corridors, elevators, cafeteria and public areas.
- Extracts and spot cleans carpets using the approved systems. Mops, strips, burnishes, buffs and refinishes hard surface floors.
- Cleans elevators and elevator tracks. Cleans windows, walls, shower tile, as assigned.
- Assists in cleaning patient rooms, offices, and therapy areas.
- Changes out and rehangs cubicle curtains as needed.
- Replenishes housekeeping supplies, moves furniture, sets up special functions and meetings.
- Reports to manager or supervisor daily to receive list of assigned projects.
- Transfers linen to all departments in a timely manner.
- Sorts all unused clean linen and restocks clean linen.
Work involves prolonged periods of walking, standing and lifting of materials, equipment and furniture weighing up to 75 pounds. Must be able to hear and comprehend instructions. Visual acuity necessary to operate equipment, mix chemicals and inspect surfaces. Motor skills required for operating equipment and moving materials through heavily traveled or confined spaces. Based on the physical requirements for this position all applicants for this position are required to undergo a physical ability test as a condition of employment.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED preferred.